Cocooning is a measure to protect people who are over 70 years of age or those who are extremely medically vulnerable by minimising all interaction between them and others.
The main cocooning measures are:
1. Strictly avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of COVID-19. These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough.
2. Do not leave your house.
3. Do not attend any gatherings. This includes gatherings of friends and families in private spaces for example family homes, weddings and religious services.
4. Do not go out for shopping and, when arranging food or medication deliveries, these should be left at the door to minimise contact.
5. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media.
6. Do use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services.
7. Ensure you keep phones/devices charged, and have credit on your phone so that you can stay connected.
for more advice click here or the HSELive team are available to answer questions the public from 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and from 10am – 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Call 1850 24 1850.
Click here for USEFUL NUMBERS FOR COCOONING