National Bike Week is back for 2019 and Cork Sports Partnership is offering Clubs, Community Groups and Organisations the opportunity to get involved! National Bike Week, which is an initiative from the Department of Transport, Sport and Tourism to promote cycling throughout Ireland, will take place from 22nd – 30th of June 2019. Cork Bike Week plays an integral part of National Bike Week with 6,195 people taking part across 72 Cork events in 2018. In 2019, with your help, we hope to exceed this.
Cork City Council & Cork County Council have secured funding from the Department of Transport, Sport and Tourism to support a limited number of Club & Community cycling events during Bike Week 2019. Cork City & County Council are offering your Club or Community Organisation the opportunity to organise your own National Bike Week event to celebrate cycling within your community during the week-long celebration.
Funding is limited for events in 2019. The following maximum amounts are available:
- €400 for Club & Community Events (This is subject to the amount of applications received)
Club/Community Organisation Event Criteria:
- The event MUST be FREE & take place during Bike Week (22nd – 30th June 2019)
- Family Fun Cycles (10k, 20k, 30k etc)
- Recreational/Leisure Cycles focusing on including non-club members, the lapsed cyclist, families, beginners etc
- Focus of inclusion, non-competitive, community focus, family, local school participation.
- Bike Maintenance, skills, drills and games
If you would like to take part in National Bike Week 2019 by organising your own cycling event and would like funding to support the event, please complete the attached application form and return to me by 5pm on Friday 7th June.
Sports Development Officer
Cork Sports Partnership, c/o Motor Tax Office, Model Business Park, Model Farm Road, Cork
Tel: 021-434 7096| Mob: 087-4571381
For more info see: www.corkbikeweek.ie