Green Spaces for Health and partners has audited the location of every tree in the South Parish area, recording tree species and tree measurements.
The audit is complete and has provided useful information such as:
- The percentage of native versus non native trees in the area
- The percentage of deciduous versus evergreen varieties
- What kind of the trees are located at pollution hotspots
- Locations of beautiful heritage trees
- Discovery of apple trees from once existing orchards
- Also the work highlighted areas that have a deficit of trees. We are liaising with staff from Cork City Council to identify potential sites for new trees.
Click here to access the GREEN SPACES FOR HEALTH TREE AUDIT FINAL REPORT